Immigration intake appointments are scheduled in the St. Petersburg, Bradenton, Sarasota Offices. 

For Appointments:
If you live in Pinellas County, call 1-800-230-5920, extension 229.
If you live in Manatee or Sarasota County, please call 1-800-230-5922.

Las entrevistas para casos de inmigraci├│n se dan en nuestras oficinas en St. Petersburg, Bradenton, Sarasota.

Para citas:
Si vive en el condado de Pinellas por favor llame al 1-800-230-5920, extensi├│n 228 or 229.
Si vive en el condado de Manatee o Sarasota por favor llame al 1-800-230-5922.



     Gulfcoast Legal Services, Inc. (GLS) provides free legal assistance in immigration cases for eligible low-income individuals residing in Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Manatee and Sarasota Counties.  GLS will handle the following types of cases:


Domestic-violence related cases:

VAWA:  An abused spouse or child of a legal permanent resident or a United States citizen may be able to self-petition for legal status in the United States under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) without his or her abuser’s assistance.

Removal of Conditional Residence:  A conditional lawful permanent whose spouse is abusive and will not cooperate in removing the conditional status may be able to ask for a waiver of their cooperation..

U Visas:  An immigrant who has suffered substantial abuse as the result of having been a victim of certain criminal activity and has been helpful in the investigation or prosecution of that crime may be eligible for a U nonimmigrant visa.  U visa status allows victims of domestic violence who cannot self-petition under VAWA because they are not married to their abuser, or their abuser is not a legal permanent resident or United States citizen, to obtain legal status.

T Visas:  Victims of trafficking in persons may be able to petition for a form of legal status in the United States called a T nonimmigrant visa.

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status:  Children who have been abused, abandoned or neglected by their parents and no longer live with them may be eligible  for special immigrant juvenile status (SIJS).  They may obtain legal permanent residency on that basis if it is not in their best interest to return to their native country.

Asylum:  An individual in the United States may seek asylum in the United States if he or she has suffered persecution in the past or has a well founded fear of future persecution in his or her country.  The persecution must be based on the individual’s political opinion, race, religion, nationality, or membership in a particular social group.  At present, GLS is referring asylum cases to private attorneys due to limited resources.